ページ

2009年6月5日金曜日

ESSAY 3 ANIMALS

I like animals, especially, small dogs. I have a dog at my home. I wrote about her before, so I’m going to write about my other favorite animals.
My other favorite animals are birds. My grandpa has many birds at our home. The kinds of the birds that he has are white-eye. He gets up early every morning, and feeds them. When I was a child, he told me the reason why the bird is called white-eye. White-eye is called mejiro in Japanese. He said that Mejiro’s body is green, but the color of the part around eyes is white, so people call them mejiro. One time, I asked my grandpa if I can have one of his birds, but he said no because he thought that I was too young to have pets. However I really wanted a bird. I asked my mom to have a bird every day. Then my mom said ok. I went to a pet shop. There were cockatoos, parakeets, and some other kinds of birds. The parakeet was too big for me. It had a sharp bill, so it was kind of scary. I decided to have a parakeet. The parakeet was a female, and she had a yellow and pink body. It was so cute. I called her Pi-chan. I was looking forward to feed every morning. At first, I just had one bird, but my dad said that maybe she feels lonely, so he gave me one more bird. The bird had a blue body. He helped me cleaning the cage sometime. One time, when I was feed them, they rampaged. It scared me. When I was about ten years old, the birds died. It made me so sad. I cried a lot. After that, I didn’t have any birds.
When I see some birds, they remind me of a word, freedom. Maybe that’s why I like birds.(316/1690 words)

0 件のコメント: