ページ

2009年10月26日月曜日

Movie Review-5 Groundhog Day

This is a romantic comedy movie. I think this movie is telling us to do something nice for people, and do not to be selfish or egotistic.


The main character is Phil Connor who is a weatherman. He isn’t nice to people because he thinks he is a star or something, and he acts like a star. Every year he has to go to Pennsylvania to cover an event, called Groundhog Day. Groundhog Day is a day when a groundhog comes and tells us that spring is coming soon. Phil hates the event and hates going to the town because it is the countryside. Of course he is not nice to the people in the town. In the last part of the movie, he falls in love with Rita, a woman who works with Phil, and tries to make her fall in love with him.


The basic story of this movie is that tomorrow doesn’t come to Phil. Phil spends the same day again and again. On February 2nd, Phil was staying in Pennsylvania for Groundhog Day, as usual. In the morning, the radio says that it is Groundhog Day, and Phil wakes up then goes to report the event. The next morning, Phil hears that radio say it’s Groundhog Day, today, and the same thing happens just like yesterday. At first, he does what he wants. He does many bad things, but after falls in love with Rita, he notices that doing bad things doesn’t make people or him happy.


In my case, even when I got things that I wanted, like clothes, shoes, or bags, I felt that I wanted more. Only getting things for myself still makes me feel like there is something missing. However when someone was pleased because of me, I would be really happy. I think everyone felt that, too. I looked back these few days if I had done something nice for people around me, and I couldn’t remember, so I will try to do something good for someone from today. This movie made me think about not little things, but really important things. (354 words)

0 件のコメント: