ページ

2010年1月8日金曜日

B.R.-14 New York

This book is about New York.
“The big apple” is the famous phrase for New York. I have heard that, too. The first chapter tells us why New York is called “The Big Apple”. However I didn’t understand well…
Many pictures of famous buildings in New York were in the book. They had pictures of the Empire State Building, the World Trade Center, the United Nations Building, and the Statue of liberty. I remembered that I visited there when I was a Junior High School student. When I went there, the World trade center wasn’t there, and I saw many flowers and messages. Some people were playing “Amazing grace”. I was really impressed by that.
This book says that there are 17,000 or more place to eat! I was so surprised by the sentence, “you can eat in New York every night for fifty years and never visit the same café or restaurant twice!” Can you believe that? I can’t imagine it.
There are not only good things in New York. There are dangers, too. The book says, “Don’t carry a lot of money with you. Don’t travel on the subway alone at night. Stay with the crowds late at night. Go into the nearest hotel or shop if you suddenly feel afraid.” These sentences made me scared! However, many people still dream to work in New York or travel to New York because New York is so exciting city! (243 words)

0 件のコメント: